the mission of migrants scotland
- Allow migrant voices to be heard.
- Show solidarity with migrant communities and migrant organisations in Edinburgh.
- Celebrate multicultural Edinburgh.
- Promote and raise awareness about the contributions past and present of immigrants to the UK, Scotland and Edinburgh.
- Support migrant communities and promote the work of migrant organisations.
- Unite against racism, xenophobia and anti-immigrant rhetoric and stand against the division, regardless of political affiliation.
- Provide a stepping stone for the public, volunteers and new activists to participate in the work of allied organisations.
- Provide social networks between allied organisations.
- Support migrant engagement in developing the policies and procedures which affect their lives in Scotland and in the UK.
- Develop a diverse network of migrants and migrant community organisations (MCOs).
- Build bridges across sectors and interests.
- Promote awareness of migrants voting rights.
- Promote the cross integration of different migrants groups.
- Promote migrant visibility in local communities and workplace.
BE AN INFORMED VOTER IN the incoming local elections 2017
We created a list of OFFICIAL WEBSITES of all Edinburgh and Glasgow candidates for local elections 2017, since there was not a single place that would have all these links combined. We did our best to keep this list as apolitical as possible.